Melissa Rosenberg – Seeking Pharma-Brand Manager PositionZack Rosenberg | May 31st, 2010
How I Know Melissa:
I met Melissa through a mutual friend (not related). In our very brief meeting I could sense her deep knowledge and understanding of the Pharma industry. She is looking for brand management or marketing.
Phone: (215) 694-9949
MARKETING PROFESSIONAL with over twelve years experience in pharmaceutical marketing and analytics across the product life cycle of a brand (emerging, launch, in-line and mature). Expertise includes developing strategies/solutions, executing tactics and aligning resources to deliver results. Highly effective leader with excellent communication skills, dedication towards gaining customer insights and the ability to foster strong internal/external partnerships. Successfully designed and launched digital marketing campaigns, interactive e-marketing initiatives and other marketing programs.
EXPERIENCE and ACCOMPLISHMENTS
SMITH BROTHERS PHARMACY, Maple Shade, NJ 2009
· Developing strategy and plans for customer retention.
· Analyzing success of existing marketing initiatives and directing the development of new customer programs.
ASTRAZENECA, Wilmington, DE 1999 – 2009
Brand Leader, Pulmicort Respules (Pediatric Asthma)
· Led strategic direction, alignment and prioritization of healthcare professional and consumer marketing activities that delivered U.S. sales of over $1 billion in 2007/2008.
· Guided the development and delivery of sales force selling materials, peer-to-peer education, product advertising and patient education.
· Refreshed and streamlined sales messages on print/tablet PC which resulted in a significant increase in message recall, length of customer discussions and sales representative perception.
· Spearheaded e-marketing initiatives for both physicians and consumers, including product website, banner ads, paid search and search engine optimization, CRM e-newsletters, POD casts, and e-detailing.
· Launched telesampling program that generated a >$300K increase in sales.
· Coordinated and attended medical legal review approval of promotional materials.
· Collaborated with sales, sales training, promotions, publications, public relations and business insight to drive strategic direction and alignment.
· Cultivated strong relationships with agency partners to ensure translation of brand strategy into tactical execution resulting in more accurate estimates of agency expenses.
· Mentored and co-lead a staff of 3 promotions managers.
Brand Leader, CEROVIVE – NXY-059 (Phase III – Acute Ischemic Stroke)
· Led development and delivery of the CEROVIVE – NXY-059 launch plan, including healthcare professional and digital marketing strategy.
· Partnered with global team to develop branding, positioning, messaging and pricing strategies.
· Led advisory board meetings and presented to medical societies to refine marketing strategy and tactics.
· Utilized conventions, speakers, publications and public relations to prepare market for launch and increase awareness/”buzz” of CEROVIVE.
· Collaborated with key opinion leaders, professional organizations and patient associations to drive consistency in promotional language for patient education on the warning signs of a stroke.
· Invited panelist at the STROKE TREATMENT ACADEMIC INDUSTRY ROUNDTABLE (STAIR) V Meeting on Acute Stroke Trials, Technology and Outcomes.
Brand Manager, Neuroscience Emerging Brands (pre-clinical – Phase III)
· Developed U.S. product strategic plans and led brand planning process for compounds in the areas of acute ischemic stroke, multiple sclerosis, Alzheimer’s disease, overactive bladder, depression and anxiety.· Provided U.S. commercial views into target product profiles, target product claims, brand strategy, product naming, trademarks, packaging, clinical trial primary and secondary end point selection and life cycle management programs.
· Contributed to shaping the clinical and development strategy by integrating market dynamics, competitive intelligence and input from external experts.
· Ensured needs for U.S. region were clearly articulated and supported in multiple global working teams across sites in Sweden, United Kingdom, Canada and the United States.
· Directed and managed the promotional development and implementation of unbranded disease education materials.
· Cultivated and enhanced external relationships by engaging key opinion leaders, national professional organizations and patient associations.
· Developed and maintained separate marketing budget for each disease area within Neuroscience.
Market Research Manager, Neuroscience Emerging Brands
· Conducted primary research and secondary data analysis including unmet need assessments, environmental analysis, global naming and branding, product profiling, trade-off analysis, promotional language development, licensing assessments, situation analysis, and competitive analysis and forecasting.
· Communicated market research findings and implications through written reports, presentations and strategic discussions.
· Utilized research data to define critical marketing issues, identify key business opportunities and provide strategic direction to brand/senior management.
· Developed comprehensive annual market research plans and established budget requirements.
WYETH PHARMACEUTICALS, Radnor, PA 1997 – 1999
Senior Market Research Analyst, Pain and Inflammation Therapeutic Area
· Designed and conducted primary market research and secondary data analysis for new and in-line products across customer segments (healthcare professionals and consumers).
· Conducted market/product assessments, customer profiling, segmentation, pre-launch positioning/message development, concept testing, core-visual aid development, situation analysis, post-launch message refinement, message recall studies, post-launch awareness trial and usage tracking, short/long-term forecasts, promotional program ROI evaluations, post-detail campaign evaluations, DTC advertising evaluation/campaign tracking.
· Developed daily and weekly tracking reports to routinely monitor, review and analyze brand launch performance.
· Received awards for planning and executing physician/consumer pre-launch and post-launch market research.
TAYLOR NELSON SOFRES [formerly Chilton Research Services], Radnor, PA 1995 – 1997
· Managed all phases of primary research (qualitative and quantitative) including proposal generation, project design, questionnaire development, briefing and monitoring of interviews, preparation of data processing specifications, supervision of code structure, data analysis, report writing and presentation development.
· Supervised project teams and maintained schedules, budgets and quality control.
MEDIA MANAGEMENT, Newtown, PA 1993 – 1994
· Consistently exceeded weekly and monthly sales goals, which resulted in a 10% increase in territory revenues.
· Developed and maintained a database that documented sales strategies and service needs.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ
- Melissa Joy Kong is seeking a Marketing, Editorial or Digital Media Role
- Carolyn Gamberoni – Seeking Entry Level Position in NYC
- Julie Golofski – Seeking A Position in Advertising
- Philip Germano is seeking a Senior Marketing Position
About the Author: