Seeking Director of Marketing at the Investing Channel in NYCZack Rosenberg | August 29th, 2010
InvestingChannel is a fast growing advertising network of 200+ financial investing websites. We are seeking an individual to work with at all levels of the company who will contribute to the overall growth of the company by developing effective ad products, research, collateral, metrics, audience development, etc for the sales efforts and performance of advertising and publisher development teams.
· Develop and maintain sales collateral for advertising department including media kit inserts, presentations, mock-ups and pricing guidelines.
· Manage, interpret and disseminate all research information and manage IC’s research products and initiatives for advertising sales, publisher development and company/industry in general.
· Work with ad operations and publisher development teams to gather, manage, interpret and disseminate site/network metrics, demographics, traffic, etc.
· Work with advertising team to develop, maintain and update creative sales presentations for general use and targeted to particular categories and for specific sales presentations as required.
· Work with advertising team to identify new prospects/leads across all categories by using online tools and scanning appropriate periodicals and other media.
· Develop approaches for brand and ROI advertisers to best utilize inventory.
· Ad Product Development
a) Lead advertising product development initiatives and perform market research to determine product development ideas. Utilize new technology, concepts and industry developments to enhance advertising relationships with integrated programs leveraging content, tools, sponsorships, etc for outside of banner placements.
b) Work with appropriate people in company to understand advertiser and/or specific campaign objectives, creative guidelines, schedule, financial projections and budget expectations to develop effective ad products.
c) Direct and monitor the activities, costs and timing of creative vendors and technology in order to carry out approved campaign within budget and schedule.
d) Work with publisher development team and ad operations to integrate programs across network and sites for maximum impact.
e) Set measurement and objectives for each product developed and monitor for effectiveness.
f) Approve and maintain accountability for all copy, design, Q&A/functionality, advertiser/publisher approvals, etc.
g) Review potential changes in scope of projects and manage delivery, costs, communication.
h) Maintain an ongoing analysis of project effectiveness and set team goals to continually improve.
i) Use metric information to collaboratively evaluate, adjust and redirect products
j) Track results and suggest follow-up plans
· Involved with broader company marketing initiatives including, for example, company PR
· BA or BS Degree. A degree in marketing is a plus.
· 3-5 years of professional experience in an online media sales/marketing environment or digital agency; investment/financial related knowledge/experience is a must.
· Solid understanding of investment, trading and personal finance concepts and market trends and the ability to spot market opportunities.
· Must be able to work effectively in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment.
· Outstanding leadership, written and verbal communication skills.
· Excellent PowerPoint, Word and Excel skills a must.
· Strong attention to detail and quality work ethics.
· Working knowledge of HTML a plus.
- Seeking Director of Business Development at the Investing Channel in NYC
- Investing Channel is seeking a Director of Advertising in NYC
- Seeking Ad Sales Coordinator at the Investing Channel in NYC
- Seeking Advertising Sales Manager at the Investing Channel in NYC
About the Author: