Chi Dixon – Seeking Senior Level Marketing PositionZack Rosenberg | September 8th, 2010
How I Know Chi:
I met her at First Wednesday of course but, more importantly she is the reason I know most of you. A serial networker who is smart, talented, and experienced. Many of us have heard about the extraordinary events she put together for AOL or the sales growth generated at WorldNow. If you are seeking a high level marketer I think I have made my case.
EXPERIENCE January ‘10 – Present
Petry Digital New York, NY
Director, Sales Marketing
· Development of the Petry media interactive initiative, creating interactive sponsorships and promotional opportunities to compliment broadcast spot advertising campaigns.
· Training broadcast spot reps to sell interactive inventory as a compliment to broadcast sales packages
· Working closely with sales to create custom opportunities for marketers including cross platform campaigns, web specials, sponsorships and branding campaigns.
· Leading corporate rebranding efforts including development of visual identity and iconography both on and offline
Wednesday Marketing Group New York, NY March ‘09 – Present
· Small business owner, specializing in business and client development initiatives for small to medium size interactive companies and start ups
· Design and copywriting for client sales and marketing collateral
· Client prospecting and account management resulting in new accounts and repeat client engagement
· Event logistics for clients as well as the development of one of the most popular recurring networking event in the New York metro marketplace – First Wednesday, which has now exceeded 1000 self selected members
WorldNow New York, NY August ‘07 – January ‘09
VP Sales Development
· Managed national ad sales team, from training to RFP response and capability presentations for clients and partner, contributing to revenue growth of $4M to $12M from Q4/07 to Q4/08
· Developed and implemented cross-platform media campaign, across a network of news sites and developed sponsorship opportunities for national advertisers, including the first integrated vertical sponsorship on the network
· Led initiatives with programming and editorial to update and improve a previously cluttered user interface, improving user experience and the ability to drive traffic to key areas on our sites as well as increasing overall traffic.
· Initiated and taught several educational programs for our partners to help them facilitate revenue growth thru interactive channels.
AOL LLC New York, NY December ’03 – June ‘07
Marketing Manager, Events – AOL Media Networks
· Developing and maintaining relationships with industry partners and clients
· Development and execution of client education and entertainment events designed to promote advertising opportunities within the AOL family of properties
· Development of a national event strategy and planning annual calendar of events for the interactive sales division
· Analysis, development and monitoring of annual department budget and project specific budgets
· Procurement of speaking opportunities for executive management at high profile industry events
America Online, Inc. San Francisco, CA December ’99 – December ‘03
Associate Manager Business Solutions/ Coordinator – Sales and Sales Strategy
· Worked with multiple business units, from sales to programming and operations to create, sell and implement unique promotional opportunities for marketers on the AOL family of brands
· Prospecting and developing and maintaining client relationships including upsells on established client accounts.
· Analyzing demographic and psychographic data to develop media campaign proposals and campaigns based on the objectives of the advertisers
Bank of America San Francisco, CA December ’98 – December ‘99
National Marketing Officer
· Creating and implementing promotions, determining marketing event procedures and developing incentive programs
· Designing advertisements and promotional collateral
· Developing and maintaining product distribution channels
· Research and management of industry trade events
· Facilitating the introduction and rollout of new products
San Francisco State University San Francisco, CA
BA, Cum Laude in Broadcasting, June 1991
- Philip Germano is seeking a Senior Marketing Position
- Andrea Goldstein – seeking Director level Marketing Position
- Perry Rohan is seeking a Senior Level Sales and Marketing Position
- Erica Juliano is seeking a Marketing Position
About the Author: